Members of the MCR can (and do) participate in all the College sports teams, of which the College maintains a current list. There is an annual Churchill College societies fair for signing up (in 2015: 7th October, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm), but do feel free to join societies all through the year using the previous link. There are also several specifically MCR teams:

MCR Football: The MCR football team has regular games and trainings usually on Saturdays/Sundays. Please, do come to play with us; new players are always welcome! We play in the First Division of the MCR league. Join us during the off-season on the Churchill football grounds for a relaxed kick around. For more details email captain Christian “Höcki” Hoecker (ch634).

MCR Cricket:  Churchill MCR has an active and competitive cricket team, if you’d like to help us win the league this year, email Syed Haider (sah84) or sign up for the mailing list. The team is very friendly and beginners are welcome. Women are welcome to join in the summery fun. Pre-season nets will begin in Lent Term at Fenners.

College Rowing: Rowing is a great sport and is one of the most traditional activities in Cambridge. People of all levels of fitness and commitment are welcome, since our Boat Club has several boats and can accommodate everyone, from casual rowers to hardcore athletes. The novices usually start early in the Michaelmas term, while the main competition is May Bumps, held in June. For info and updates, visit our Boat Club’s website. To join, attend the BBQ during freshers’ week or contact the lower boats captains.

MCR Squash: Squash is popular in the MCR. It is a good way to keep fit and may be enjoyed regardless of the weather. The Churchill squash courts can be booked through the sheet in the Porter’s Lodge. Raquets may be borrowed from the MCR’s equipment.

Sports Equipment

The MCR has a variety of sports equipment that members can borrow. Please email the Equipment Officer or Treasurer if you have any questions, requests, or if anything gets damaged. You could also use the online form.