Dear MCR members,
Happy New Year and welcome back to the start of a new term. I have here several things that may be of importance to you.
1. Your Lent term cards will be distributed to your pigeon holes soon, so please check out the upcoming MCR events for the term. An electronic version is attached along with this email.
2. Hustings for the 2015 MCR elections will be held at the Lent TGM on Tues Jan 27th at 7:30pm (voting will be held from 28-30 Jan). The following positions will be up for election (asterisks denote executive committee members and cannot be run jointly):
-Internal social secretary
-External social secretary
Start thinking about it if you’re keen on being on committee! It’s a great opportunity to be involved in the MCR community and to know the ins and outs of college, not to mention it looks great on your CV! Nominations are now open. If you are interested in learning more about any of the positions, please feel free to get in touch with the current committee members (http://mcr.chu.cam.ac.uk/mcr-committee/). If you are interested in running for a position, either on your own or jointly, please email the returning officers, Alexis (mcr-secretary@chu) and/or me (mcr-president@chu) by Mon Jan 26th.
3. As an advance notice, the Sandy Ashmore room will be unavailable for use on Wednesdays starting from Jan 21st to Mar 4th from 1 – 2pm. Please make alternative arrangements for those time periods.
4. The Churchill Enterprise Competition is still calling for submissions and the deadline is midnight Jan 16th. For further details, see https://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/student-hub/enterprise-competition/
5. Lastly, the annual Burns formal will be held on Sat Jan 24th in college, along with a ceilidh afterwards. We are now calling for 3 speakers for the night (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burns_supper):
a) Toast to the immortal memory (Recitation of Burns’ poetry)
b) Toast to the lassies
c) Reply from the lassies
You don’t need to be Scottish at all to give a toast! If you (or anyone you know) are interested, send me an email (mcr-president@chu) before Tues Jan 20th!
Wish you all a great Lent term ahead. If you have any concerns about college life, please feel free to get in touch with me or anyone else on the committee.