Hey Churchill MCR,
Mike Kang here, your new Equipment Manager on the MCR Committee. I’m very glad to be in this role and excited to be working as a team with Arthur Zielinski, another Churchill fresher.
Apart from sorting out some of the issues already on the radar (see below for a list), Arthur and I would like to hear from you what you want and what you think needs to change about the equipment process. We’ll gather that input by:
1. Asking you to comment on the facebook post or email email@example.com about anything at all equipment-related that’s on your mind. If you want specific kit, you can also just fill out the form here: http://mcr.chu.cam.ac.uk/about/equipment/
2. In person conversations. Of course you can always chat with us or anyone on the MCR committee whenever, but Arthur and/or I will make ourselves available in MCR at least at the following times in the next week, available to chat about anything:
- Monday, Nov 18 – 7:30 PM -9:30 PM (I’ll be in a committee meeting for part of that, but you can still grab me if you need me)
- Tuesday, Nov 19 – 7:30 PM -9:30 PM
- Friday, Nov 22 – 7:30 PM -9:30 PM
Issues already on our agenda:
- People wanted “Cards Against Humanity” – it’s now in the equipment cupboard!
- Need to replace the dude with the broken leg on the table football in the MCR
- Need to rearrange the furniture in the MCR to accommodate the new coffee table, because apparently the current couch and storage set up is a bit awkward
- Increasing the ease of access to the equipment we have by making it clear how to get it and how to make sure it comes back without too much wrestling…
What are your big (or small) ideas for MCR equipment? Want to organize pick-up basketball games but don’t have the kit? Sumo-suit wrestling tournament? Something else? If you have an idea, please share and we’ll do what we can to help make it possible.
Finally, remember that if you want to request anything or see what’s available, you can always fill out the form here: http://mcr.chu.cam.ac.uk/about/equipment/